TO HELP EVERYONE LEARN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND TO AVOID WASTING TIME, PLEASE REMEMBER:
- Students should arrive at least ten minutes before class, those arriving late should wait at the studio door and ask for admittance. DO NOT disrupt a class in progress!
- Turn off cell phones or any electrical device during class time.
- Students should be in regulation uniform at all times. This does not include dangle earrings, other jewelry, sweat or t-shirts, leg warmers, sweat pants, gum or additional paraphernalia.
- Do not dress in the studio, use the dressing room for hair, make-up and changing. Do not eat or drink in the studio or waiting room. Please keep all food and drinks in the dressing room. Except for water bottles.
- Your time in the studio should be used to the fullest. Begin your personal warm-up as soon as you enter. Be ready and in line for reverence when the instructor enters.
- Learning should be fun, but it is not a time to laugh, talk, or socialize. Incoming class should be dressed and in the dressing room, ready to move into the studio as the class in progress leaves.
- Dancers sometimes just do not feel like dancing. DO NOT take class if you are not willing to do your best, but do not stay at home; come to observe the class. Take written notes or tape record the class to work on later.
- County Ballet has a calendar for closings and special holidays. We DO NOT follow Harford County school calendars. Inclement weather closings? WHEN IN DOUBT...CALL, CALL!!! AND CHECK THE WEBSITE
(410) 569-0316 * (410) 515-0031
- Make up missed classes in the current semester, at your own level or a level below
- Notify County Ballet whenever absence is necessary
- Refunds will be made only with a doctors medical certificate.
- Dismissal because of undisciplined behavior does not receive tuition refund.
- Visitors are allowed only selected days! Observation days will be posted.
- Students should be ready to begin at the appointed class time. Arrive at least 10 minutes before class.
- Students pass from one level to another if: Good Classroom Etiquette is observed, passing a written test, Passing an oral test
- Students placement may change at the discretion of the director. Advancement depends upon artistic ability, dance development, and physical qualifications, not upon age, or length of time spent studying dance.
- Students are placed on Pointe solely at the discretion of the instructor. They must be at least 11.5-12 years old, have reasonable body proportions and must attend ballet classes at least two (2) times per week., with a solid foundation of ballet technique.
- Smoking is prohibited in the County Ballet building and surrounding property.